ZOU Xukai(邹旭恺) Senior Research Engineer
2014 CMA Award for Distinguished Meteorological Service
2015 Jiangsu Science and Technology Award
1992-1996 B.S. in Climatology, Nanjing Meteorological Institute, Jiangsu Province, China
2003-2005 M.S. in Atmospheric Physics, Peking University, Beijing, China
1996-2005 Junior Researcher in Climate Monitoring and Assessment, National Climate Center, China Meteorological Administration
2005-2015 Associate Research Professor in Climate Monitoring and Assessment, National Climate Center, China Meteorological Administration
2016-Present Senior Research Professor in Climate Service and Application, National Climate Center, China Meteorological Administration
Weather and climate extreme (including drought and flood) monitoring;
Assessment of climate impacts;
Regional climate monitoring for the Three Gorges Reservoir area.
1. “Drought Monitoring and Assessment Technology Based on High Resolution Multi-Source Data”, a project supported by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (Grant No.2017YFC1502402)
2. “Research on Short-Duration Heavy Rainfall and Rainstorm Disasters in Urban Areas” (Grant No. GYHY 201506014)
3. “Research on and Construction of Climate Extreme Operational System”
4. “Climate Monitoring over the Three Gorges Reservoir Area”
1. X. K. Zou and F. M. Ren (2015). “Changes in regional heavy rainfall events in China 1961-2012.” Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, 32(5), 1-11; DOI: 10.1007/s00376-014-4127-y.
2. X. K. Zou, G.Y. Ren, and Q. Zhang (2010). “Droughts variation in China based on a compound index of meteorological drought (in Chinese).” Climatic and Environmental Research, 15 (4) , 371 - 378.
3. P. M. Zhai, Y. Zhong, and X. K. Zou (2008). “Climate Extremes and Related Disasters in China”, in C.B. Fu et al. (ed.) Regional Climate Studies of China, pp.476.
4. X. K. Zou, L. V. Alexander, D. Parker, and J. Caesar (2006). “Variations in severe storms over China.” Geophysical Research Letters, 33(17), L17701; DOI:10.1029/2006GL026131.
5. X. K. Zou, P. Zhai, and Q. Zhang (2005). “Variations in droughts over China: 1951-2003.” Geophysical Research Letters, 32(4), L04707; DOI:10.1029/2004GL021853.